One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Slower than expected.
- ‘He used his fastball to set up his off-speed pitches.’
- ‘Some pitchers have found success by throwing him off-speed pitches inside, but they risk disaster if they don't throw it far enough inside.’
- ‘In two-strike counts, he looks for off-speed pitches away.’
- ‘Growth comes from learning an off-speed slider during spring training and having the guts to throw it in June.’
- ‘Colon was expected to mix in off-speed pitches, but he has been trying to get by with average heat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.