One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For your €44,855, you get a vehicle which is one of the most competent off-roaders in the world.’
- ‘I disagree strongly with the answer in last week's Car Clinic regarding the comparative merits of a 4x4 off-roader and a car with four-wheel drive in snowy conditions in a hilly area.’
- ‘When they do, it will be helpful if people who encounter off-roaders who disregard the prohibitions will report the violations to the police.’
- ‘It doesn't have all those bull bars and monster-truck looks of some off-roaders.’
- ‘When off-roaders realise they've discovered a lost highway they must throw their crash helmets in the air with joy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.