Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A method of retailing in which brand-name goods (especially clothing) are sold for less than the usual retail price.[as modifier] ‘an off-price store’
- ‘The company is a an off-price retailer that sells clothing for men, women, teens and children and also sells home accessories.’
- ‘Authors who receive no royalties on these off-price sales, may be less thrilled.’
- ‘‘There is still a tremendous growth opportunity for art and licensing in… department stores, specialty and off-price retail chains,’ he said.’
- ‘Manufacturers are even more vulnerable to the demands of their buyers because they are more likely to sell to the price conscious department stores, discounters, or off-price stores.’
- ‘Frieze notes that some major off-price stores, which specialize in buying excess merchandise, have been coming to the site, and some have become members and are buying goods online.’
- ‘The off-price clothing and home accessories store will move within the shopping center to make way for a superstore to expand its discount store.’
- ‘It competes with department stores, specialty stores and off-price retail chains.’
- ‘The firm's goods, which are contracted mostly in Asia, are distributed primarily through specialty stores, mid-tier retailers and the discount market, including off-price operators.’
- ‘If you are not fussy about the most of the moment shape or style, some name-dropping designers sell leftover stock to off-price stores and discounters.’
- ‘The chain of off-price home fashion stores will break TV and radio spots this week delivering the message ‘Life is how you decorate it.’’
- ‘The only Nordstrom Rack off-price store in Florida is at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise.’
- ‘She is president and chief executive of Secaucus, NJ-based Syms Corp., a $350 million off-price apparel retailer.’
- ‘They're an off-price discount store so the selection varies widely from store to store and day to day.’
- ‘Check out national chain ‘boutiques’ store sales, outlet and off-price stores for suits, jackets, and more structured clothing with panache.’
- ‘Ross is an off-price retailer that sells clothing and home accessories.’
Using the off-price method of retailing.‘selling goods off-price’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.