One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to a securities deal not made on a recognized stock exchange.‘off-market investments’
- ‘The office block was built in the 1980s and was bought in an off-market deal.’
- ‘Off-market deals are the favoured method of purchase for many of the funds.’
- ‘The documents disclose off-market transactions which were either fictitious or manipulated.’
- ‘Coles Myer closed 2.5 per cent up, after confirming it had completed an off-market buyback of 70 million shares.’
- ‘The Reserve Bank of India said the purchase was an official sector off-market transaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.