One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mistaken.‘the boy is way off-base’
- ‘I'd say the comparisons to Nazis and Hitler are not only off base, but a blatant attempt to further demonize America and its troops.’
- ‘In reflecting on what I wrote yesterday about all the American soldiers being war criminals, I realize that I was way off base.’
- ‘Let me ask you something that, perhaps, is a little off base.’
- ‘I think he's an idealist, which is good, but I think he's way off base here.’
- ‘I thought your editing was off base, by the way, as are most of your long-winded comments on this site.’
- ‘If Mr. Zakaria's diagnosis is off base, his remedy is incomprehensible.’
- ‘Similarly, the initial hypothesis is often way off base and this subtly drives home the fact that whilst these people are supremely good at their jobs, no one is perfect.’
- ‘Sometimes he makes sense, sometimes he seems wildly off base.’
- ‘The question was, are they off base, the party, in going into tax cuts and abortion which the public doesn't seem to be on their side with?’
- ‘I don't imagine that these complaints are too far off base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.