One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
happy, jolly, merry, bright, glad, sunny, joyful, joyous, light-hearted, in good spirits, in high spirits, sparkling, bubbly, exuberant, ebullient, cock-a-hoop, elated, gleeful, breezy, airy, cheery, sprightly, jaunty, animated, radiant, smiling, grinning, laughing, mirthful, frolicsomeView synonyms
- ‘There was plenty of good cheer as everyone sat down to a four course meal.’
- ‘It was to be a rosy day, full of good cheer and bright optimism.’
- ‘With the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you be of good cheer, it's the most wonderful time of the year.’
- ‘For many folks, the holidays are a time to join family and loved ones in a blizzard of good cheer and heartwarming togetherness.’
- ‘Though it is a season of good cheer and goodwill toward all, it is also a time of conspicuous energy consumption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.