One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Selected as one's favorite or the best.‘champagne was his drink of choice’
best-loved, most-liked, favoured, dearest, treasured, pet, special, closest to one's heartView synonyms
- ‘Their drink of choice is lager, and lots of it, but they down a lot of coke too.’
- ‘No rationale exists for selecting nimesulide as the first drug of choice for fever or pain.’
- ‘Crystal meth is fast becoming the drug of choice for many looking for a cheap and easy high.’
- ‘Finally each predicts the hands on the trophy and the winner buys dinner at their restaurant of choice.’
- ‘American whiskey has always been the drink of choice for the fashionable rebel.’
- ‘Officers are the snipers' target of choice, so nobody wears overt marks of rank.’
- ‘Tea is now the Big Yin's drink of choice, having eschewed alcohol in all its forms for many years.’
- ‘The 2.55 quickly established itself as the bag of choice for chic women the world over.’
- ‘LSD, his drug of choice, soon took over his life and his performance in the band declined.’
- ‘Tea appears to be the drink of choice for individuals wishing to preserve the health of their bones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.