One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Selected as one's favorite or the best.‘champagne was his drink of choice’
best-loved, most-liked, favoured, dearest, treasured, pet, special, closest to one's heartView synonyms
- ‘LSD, his drug of choice, soon took over his life and his performance in the band declined.’
- ‘Tea is now the Big Yin's drink of choice, having eschewed alcohol in all its forms for many years.’
- ‘Officers are the snipers' target of choice, so nobody wears overt marks of rank.’
- ‘The 2.55 quickly established itself as the bag of choice for chic women the world over.’
- ‘Their drink of choice is lager, and lots of it, but they down a lot of coke too.’
- ‘Tea appears to be the drink of choice for individuals wishing to preserve the health of their bones.’
- ‘Finally each predicts the hands on the trophy and the winner buys dinner at their restaurant of choice.’
- ‘American whiskey has always been the drink of choice for the fashionable rebel.’
- ‘No rationale exists for selecting nimesulide as the first drug of choice for fever or pain.’
- ‘Crystal meth is fast becoming the drug of choice for many looking for a cheap and easy high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.