One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of an atypical and typically inferior type.‘the training camp actually became a tourist attraction of sorts’
- ‘Then came some more shocking photos and an apology of sorts on Thursday.’
- ‘He clearly feels the fame, of sorts, now conferred upon him is unwarranted.’
- ‘On the fourth day of Eid, one of my uncles absolutely insisted on a family reunion of sorts at his house.’
- ‘I'm going to have to come up with a game of sorts with rules and things.’
- ‘They met on Easter Sunday, 1995, a day which marks a resurrection of sorts for Barker.’
- ‘It would be reasonable to conclude Princess Diaries 2 offered a refuge of sorts.’
- ‘I was at a party of sorts at the weekend, although it was an older persons party.’
- ‘The campaign is also a ready reckoner of sorts for those who are still not sure of traffic rules and signs.’
- ‘Red House is a museum of sorts furnished as it was like in the mid 1800's with a very good, well stocked garden.’
- ‘Then the veteran of the Canadian metal scene then went on a sabbatical of sorts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.