One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘making the trek to Gallipoli is a popular choice for young New Zealanders on their OE’short for "overseas experience"
- ‘It is evident that his big OE inspired him to continue his journey into the different cultures of the world.’
- ‘We all agree that Wellington city is a great place, so how can we take it around the world with us when we go on the big OE and escape our student loans?’
- ‘I don't know how common OE virginity is at my age, but I am determined to be deflowered sometime before leaving this mortal coil.’
- ‘But it's then, when the young kiwi head out on their big OE, that they are most susceptible to predators.’
- ‘You see, I am an OE virgin.’
- ‘In the end, he decided he wanted to do his OE.’
- ‘For uni students, it would seem, the OE is not so much tradition as the rule.’
- ‘The third new Roger Hall play of the year is a comedy about four middle-aged women who embark upon their big OE a few years later than normal.’
- ‘The Big OE Companion is a practical guidebook for New Zealanders heading overseas for the first time.’
- ‘For the wider body of students, certainly I have noticed that an OE of some kind almost invariably follows within a couple of years of graduation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.