One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘Within odontocete cetaceans, variation in body design affects stability and turning performance.’
- ‘Both the mysticetes and odontocetes are thought to be descendants of the archaeocetes.’
- ‘This structure is derived from the melon of other odontocetes, and like the melon, may serve as a sort of acoustic lens.’
- ‘Like other odontocetes, delphinids echolocate and may even use high-intensity sound to stun their prey.’
- ‘Dolphins and porpoises are examples of odontocetes, as are belugas, narwhals, killer whales, sperm whales, and beaked whales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.