One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of the third pair of cranial nerves, supplying most of the muscles around and within the eyeballs.
- ‘In all gnathostomes, all but two of the extrinsic eye muscles are controlled by the oculomotor nerve (Cranial Nerve III).’
- ‘This ganglion contains preganglionic nerves and postganglionic neurons of the oculomotor nerve.’
- ‘The posterior cerebral may course below, rather than over, the oculomotor nerve.’
- ‘Occasionaly, slips corresponding to a retractor bulbi muscle are found; these may be supplied by the abducens and oculomotor nerves.’
- ‘The oculomotor nerve passes between the posterior cerebral and superior cerebellar arteries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.