Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the motion of the eye.
- ‘Above the buttress is the oculomotor myodome, with the foramen for the oculomotor nerve.’
- ‘Exclusion criteria included any prior history of vestibular dysfunction, tinnitus, hearing loss, or any central vestibular or oculomotor dysfunction.’
- ‘Some patients may manifest oculomotor disturbance when the orbit and optic nerve are compressed.’
- ‘A stimulant action on the parasympathetic portion of the oculomotor nucleus (third cranial nerve) is responsible for pupillary miosis.’
- ‘Studies do not indicate ginger has influence within the vestibular or oculomotor system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.