Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cephalopod mollusk of the order "Octopoda"; an octopus.
- ‘For both decapod and octopod suckers, the maximum pressure differentials show a significant inverse correlation with sucker size.’
- ‘The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.’
- ‘Because of the lack of the external conch the octopods swam swiftly, and successfully coped with the upper Cretaceous marine predators.’
- ‘In the deep Southern Ocean, researchers have discovered a surprisingly large collection of octopods including one genus new to science.’
- ‘Lewy demonstrated the similarity in breeding strategies between ammonoids and extant octopods.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.