Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cephalopod mollusk of the order "Octopoda"; an octopus.
- ‘The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.’
- ‘Because of the lack of the external conch the octopods swam swiftly, and successfully coped with the upper Cretaceous marine predators.’
- ‘In the deep Southern Ocean, researchers have discovered a surprisingly large collection of octopods including one genus new to science.’
- ‘For both decapod and octopod suckers, the maximum pressure differentials show a significant inverse correlation with sucker size.’
- ‘Lewy demonstrated the similarity in breeding strategies between ammonoids and extant octopods.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.