One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cephalopod mollusk of the order Octopoda; an octopus.
- ‘The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.’
- ‘Lewy demonstrated the similarity in breeding strategies between ammonoids and extant octopods.’
- ‘For both decapod and octopod suckers, the maximum pressure differentials show a significant inverse correlation with sucker size.’
- ‘Because of the lack of the external conch the octopods swam swiftly, and successfully coped with the upper Cretaceous marine predators.’
- ‘In the deep Southern Ocean, researchers have discovered a surprisingly large collection of octopods including one genus new to science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.