One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A domestic cat of a breed having a spotted coat that resembles that of a wild cat.‘the ocicat loves attention and its leopard-style coat gives it a huge wow factor’
- ‘The Ocicat always has spots but comes in a number of color varieties.’
- ‘If you're looking for a feline who looks like an exotic spotted wildcat, but whose natural habitat is your living room, the Ocicat may be the cat for you.’
- ‘Alert, modestly large ears complete the ocicat's head.’
- ‘A seven month old Ocicat won Best in Show.’
- ‘An unexpected member of a litter in 1964, the Ocicat was the result of the crossing of a ruddy coated Abyssinian with a seal point Siamese.’
1970s: from ocelot (from a supposed resemblance to the ocelot) + -i- + cat.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.