One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science that deals with the physical and biological properties and phenomena of the sea.
- ‘After trying his hand at biological oceanography in college, Waltuck traveled throughout Europe for six months.’
- ‘At the end of the '60s, earth sciences was added to the marine biology and oceanography degrees offered at Scripps.’
- ‘Munk was honored with the 1999 Kyoto Prize in Basic Sciences for his fundamental contributions to the field of oceanography.’
- ‘Interpretive exhibits highlight Scripps research as well as the history of oceanography.’
- ‘Science on the reef embraces so many diverse and alluring fields: marine ecology, oceanography, plate tectonics, ethnobiology, and more.’
- ‘Both students are in the biological oceanography curricular group at Scripps.’
- ‘Climatology, evolutionary biology, oceanography, and plate tectonics all got a jump start from Challenger's results.’
- ‘In 1968, he was appointed professor of oceanography.’
- ‘Physics and physical oceanography thus immediately became vital to the national war effort.’
- ‘Dynamic oceanography may result in dynamic recruitment success.’
- ‘In 1855, Maury wrote the first textbook on modern oceanography, The Physical Geography of the Sea and Its Meteorology.’
- ‘A native of Brooklyn, N.Y., Cane has written nearly 200 papers on a broad range of topics in oceanography and climatology.’
- ‘These salinity changes are unprecedented in the relatively short history of the science of oceanography.’
- ‘Ashore there will be a vast interactive exhibition area with displays on international marine technology, oceanography and ecology.’
- ‘I thought you weren't keeping up with what went on in the rest of the world outside of marine biology and oceanography.’
- ‘I've been privileged to interact with many of the great scientists who led oceanography in the postwar era.’
- ‘The National Research Council has ranked Scripps first in faculty quality among oceanography programs nationwide.’
- ‘That is in fact a very important part of the physical oceanography of the Great Barrier Reef.’
- ‘He specializes in ocean acoustics, signal processing and physical oceanography.’
- ‘This web of activity is made all the worse by the influence of microclimates, complex oceanography, and unique geographical features.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.