Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of therapy for those recuperating from physical or mental illness that encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life.
- ‘A parish nurse is not a therapist, and will not do physical therapy, occupational therapy, or psychotherapy.’
- ‘It may be beneficial to the patient to take pain medication prior to physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘At 3 months we repeated physiotherapy and occupational therapy assessments and cardiovascular tests if they were abnormal.’
- ‘Patients with specific physical disabilities may benefit from physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Speech, physical, or occupational therapy may be necessary in these cases.’
- ‘Speech therapy and occupational therapy can help as well.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
- ‘The precise indications for referral to occupational therapy in patients with osteoarthritis remain to be delineated.’
- ‘Treatments such as physical and occupational therapy often are effective in managing the signs and symptoms of CMT.’
- ‘Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.’
- ‘Some allied health programs, including physical therapy and occupational therapy, now require a master's prepared entry-level.’
- ‘In some instances, your doctor may order physical or occupational therapy to help enhance your recovery.’
- ‘He is currently undergoing physiotherapy and occupational therapy at an orthopaedic hospital.’
- ‘By rehab, I assume what is meant is the usual types of rehabilitation therapy such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘According to Stuart, hand therapy - physiotherapy and occupational therapy - is an integral part of rehabilitation.’
- ‘Physical therapy and occupational therapy programs and protocols have been developed for virtually all sports medicine injuries.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy may help maintain flexibility, and speech therapy can help address slurring and other speech problems.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy should be initiated to reduce long-term disability from scarring and contractures.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.