One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of therapy for those recuperating from physical or mental illness that encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life.
- ‘Some allied health programs, including physical therapy and occupational therapy, now require a master's prepared entry-level.’
- ‘At 3 months we repeated physiotherapy and occupational therapy assessments and cardiovascular tests if they were abnormal.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy should be initiated to reduce long-term disability from scarring and contractures.’
- ‘The precise indications for referral to occupational therapy in patients with osteoarthritis remain to be delineated.’
- ‘By rehab, I assume what is meant is the usual types of rehabilitation therapy such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy may help maintain flexibility, and speech therapy can help address slurring and other speech problems.’
- ‘In some instances, your doctor may order physical or occupational therapy to help enhance your recovery.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘Physical therapy and occupational therapy programs and protocols have been developed for virtually all sports medicine injuries.’
- ‘It may be beneficial to the patient to take pain medication prior to physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Patients with specific physical disabilities may benefit from physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘He is currently undergoing physiotherapy and occupational therapy at an orthopaedic hospital.’
- ‘Treatments such as physical and occupational therapy often are effective in managing the signs and symptoms of CMT.’
- ‘Speech, physical, or occupational therapy may be necessary in these cases.’
- ‘According to Stuart, hand therapy - physiotherapy and occupational therapy - is an integral part of rehabilitation.’
- ‘Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.’
- ‘Speech therapy and occupational therapy can help as well.’
- ‘A parish nurse is not a therapist, and will not do physical therapy, occupational therapy, or psychotherapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.