One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of therapy for those recuperating from physical or mental illness that encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life.
- ‘It may be beneficial to the patient to take pain medication prior to physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Treatments such as physical and occupational therapy often are effective in managing the signs and symptoms of CMT.’
- ‘Patients with specific physical disabilities may benefit from physical and occupational therapy.’
- ‘He is currently undergoing physiotherapy and occupational therapy at an orthopaedic hospital.’
- ‘A parish nurse is not a therapist, and will not do physical therapy, occupational therapy, or psychotherapy.’
- ‘Some allied health programs, including physical therapy and occupational therapy, now require a master's prepared entry-level.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.’
- ‘Physical therapy and occupational therapy programs and protocols have been developed for virtually all sports medicine injuries.’
- ‘According to Stuart, hand therapy - physiotherapy and occupational therapy - is an integral part of rehabilitation.’
- ‘At 3 months we repeated physiotherapy and occupational therapy assessments and cardiovascular tests if they were abnormal.’
- ‘Speech, physical, or occupational therapy may be necessary in these cases.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy should be initiated to reduce long-term disability from scarring and contractures.’
- ‘The precise indications for referral to occupational therapy in patients with osteoarthritis remain to be delineated.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
- ‘Speech therapy and occupational therapy can help as well.’
- ‘By rehab, I assume what is meant is the usual types of rehabilitation therapy such as physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘In some instances, your doctor may order physical or occupational therapy to help enhance your recovery.’
- ‘Physical and occupational therapy may help maintain flexibility, and speech therapy can help address slurring and other speech problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.