Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The rearmost lobe in each cerebral hemisphere of the brain.
- ‘The ventral aspect of the midbrain is nearer the front of the brain; the dorsal aspect of the midbrain is closer to the occipital lobes.’
- ‘There was also a single, small cerebral metastasis in the white matter of the posterior occipital lobe.’
- ‘In 20 cases, the pathologic lesion was confined to the frontal lobe; 2 lesions involved the parietal lobe and occipital lobe each.’
- ‘Twenty-six tumors arose in the frontal lobe, 5 in the parietal lobe, and 1 in the occipital lobe; in 5 tumors, more than 1 lobe was involved.’
- ‘The lower swelling, the calcar avis, is produced by the calcarine sulcus, located on the medial surface of the occipital lobe.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.