In a way that is easily perceived or understood; clearly.‘she was obviously sick’[sentence adverb] ‘obviously, everyone has to do what they think is right’
clearly, evidently, plainly, patently, visibly, discernibly, manifestly, noticeablyunmistakably, undeniably, indubitably, incontrovertibly, demonstrably, unquestionably, undoubtedly, without doubtof course, naturally, needless to say, it goes without saying, doubtlessobvsView synonyms
- ‘She's also dead by the start of the novel, which is obviously no more than she deserves.’
- ‘There was a big roar from behind, which obviously meant that Annika had won her match.’
- ‘They were obviously going off duty but they stopped to help me up and investigate.’
- ‘Everyone knows how special a World Cup is and it obviously means so much to this town.’
- ‘Janette and Drew obviously trusted the gas supplier to keep them safe, as we all do.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.