One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is easily perceived or understood; clearly.‘she was obviously sick’sentence adverb ‘obviously, everyone has to do what they think is right’
clearly, evidently, plainly, patently, visibly, discernibly, manifestly, noticeablyView synonyms
- ‘Janette and Drew obviously trusted the gas supplier to keep them safe, as we all do.’
- ‘She's also dead by the start of the novel, which is obviously no more than she deserves.’
- ‘They were obviously going off duty but they stopped to help me up and investigate.’
- ‘There was a big roar from behind, which obviously meant that Annika had won her match.’
- ‘Everyone knows how special a World Cup is and it obviously means so much to this town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.