One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Universal anthems are one thing but in an increasingly homogenised, corporate world, the nation state obstinately refuses to wither away.’
- ‘For a number of years now a former professor obstinately corrects me each time I refer to the Internet as a ‘place.’’
- ‘As the old man listened to what the interpreter said, he half-closed his eyes and looked upwards, quite stubbornly and obstinately.’
- ‘With a second blow Becket, still obstinately upright, said: ‘Into thy hands, oh Lord, I commend my spirit.’’
- ‘Imagine him sticking to his guns and obstinately insisting that appeasement wasn't wrongheaded, there just wasn't enough of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.