One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be noticed or perceived; discernible.‘observable differences’
noticeable, visible, perceptible, perceivable, detectable, discernible, recognizable, obvious, evident, manifest, patent, clear, distinct, plain, overt, conspicuous, palpable, distinguishable, unmistakable, unconcealed, apparentView synonyms
- ‘The photograph emerges from the world of non-fiction, it is the product and evidence of the observable world.’
- ‘Since all observable objects have some definitive shape and size then atoms do also.’
- ‘In this regard, sad to say, brain events appear to be no more transparent than other observable events like reaction time.’
- ‘One feels in the presence of obvious intelligence and observable skill.’
- ‘Other realms might exist beyond the edge of our observable universe, or in extra dimensions we are unable to perceive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.