One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be noticed or perceived; discernible.‘observable differences’
noticeable, visible, perceptible, perceivable, detectable, discernible, recognizable, obvious, evident, manifest, patent, clear, distinct, plain, overt, conspicuous, palpable, distinguishable, unmistakable, unconcealed, apparentView synonyms
- ‘Since all observable objects have some definitive shape and size then atoms do also.’
- ‘Other realms might exist beyond the edge of our observable universe, or in extra dimensions we are unable to perceive.’
- ‘One feels in the presence of obvious intelligence and observable skill.’
- ‘The photograph emerges from the world of non-fiction, it is the product and evidence of the observable world.’
- ‘In this regard, sad to say, brain events appear to be no more transparent than other observable events like reaction time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.