One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is a peculiarly haunting quality to the sound, and the rapport between oboist and cellist testifies to the time they have spent working together.’
- ‘British composers were especially lucky in their clarinetists, oboists, horn players, and violists.’
- ‘His musicianship makes him an interpreter who can put more than most oboists into Britten's microscopic mouldings.’
- ‘She had been an oboist in her old school's band, while I played flute in concert band and was on flag line during marching season.’
- ‘I have always found this piece shallow and out of proportion from a pen of such greatness, although I know I am in the minority amongst oboists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.