One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a perverse obliviousness to the fact that we equate our national security and welfare with foreign policy that deprives others of the liberties we supposedly cherish.’
- ‘In fact the case is a perfect illustration of an utterly commonplace phenomenon: the mainstream media's obliviousness to its own liberal bias.’
- ‘He has famously claimed to prefer country music over other pop genres, and numerous cultural critics have pointed out his blissful obliviousness toward the arts.’
- ‘She lowered her voice as she spoke, obviously buying Mal's act of complete obliviousness, but when I kicked his foot he kicked mine straight back and squeezed my hand, and I knew he could hear her.’
- ‘Chen also takes photos of his daughter, whose sunny, carefree smile betrays a complete obliviousness to her father's mental state and underscores the artist's own dark perspective on the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.