One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘How question Shakespeare's sympathy for such a youthful, noble victim who would, I think, find any one of the situations awaiting him far in excess of any objectless feeling?’
- ‘The more general theoretical response to these problems has been to see artworks such as ‘Fountain’ and its mid-century heirs as essentially objectless gestures.’
- ‘Baudrillard insists that consumption is objectless, the ceaseless acquisition of artefacts that in fact have no end in themselves, and in doing so repeats a theme from Schopenhauer.’
- ‘The cliff was not in the way of anything, but this objectless blasting was all the work going on.’
- ‘Mystical illumination, then, unlike objectless contemplation, is inherently of the nature of a gift.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.