Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of being objective.‘the piece lacked any objectivity’
impartiality, absence of bias, absence of prejudice, fairness, fair-mindedness, equitableness, equitability, even-handedness, justness, justice, open-mindedness, disinterest, disinterestedness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, neutralityView synonyms
- ‘Far fewer writers overtly subscribe to the position that the principle of objectivity can be put into practice than in the past.’
- ‘Unlike newspapers, the BBC is trusted as a paradigm of fairness and objectivity.’
- ‘Discarding animism is the first principle of science, which Monod calls the principle of objectivity.’
- ‘Any news organisation committed to objectivity, truth and decency would sack such a journalist on the spot.’
- ‘Impartiality and objectivity are hard to prove in such circumstances.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.