One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being objective.‘the piece lacked any objectivity’
impartiality, absence of bias, absence of prejudice, fairness, fair-mindedness, equitableness, equitability, even-handedness, justness, justice, open-mindedness, disinterest, disinterestedness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, neutralityView synonyms
- ‘Far fewer writers overtly subscribe to the position that the principle of objectivity can be put into practice than in the past.’
- ‘Impartiality and objectivity are hard to prove in such circumstances.’
- ‘Discarding animism is the first principle of science, which Monod calls the principle of objectivity.’
- ‘Any news organisation committed to objectivity, truth and decency would sack such a journalist on the spot.’
- ‘Unlike newspapers, the BBC is trusted as a paradigm of fairness and objectivity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.