One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The world external to the self, apprehended through the objects in it.
- ‘The new object world is not, contrary to received wisdom, one of appearances.’
- ‘As Eisenstein argues, ‘this disparity is,’ for Hegel, ‘the soul of subjectivity and the object world.’’
- ‘Your poetry is immediately striking for its phenomenological fidelity to the object world.’
- ‘Lizzie is forced to internalize her relationship to the object world; in both cases, jewels are terms of self-definition rather than concrete objects.’
- ‘Style is transformed by interpretative schemes and tastes into a construct of the social and object worlds and is, above all, defined by difference.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.