One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The world external to the self, apprehended through the objects in it.
- ‘Style is transformed by interpretative schemes and tastes into a construct of the social and object worlds and is, above all, defined by difference.’
- ‘The new object world is not, contrary to received wisdom, one of appearances.’
- ‘Lizzie is forced to internalize her relationship to the object world; in both cases, jewels are terms of self-definition rather than concrete objects.’
- ‘Your poetry is immediately striking for its phenomenological fidelity to the object world.’
- ‘As Eisenstein argues, ‘this disparity is,’ for Hegel, ‘the soul of subjectivity and the object world.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.