Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The condition of being grossly fat or overweight.‘the problem of obesity among children’
plumpness, stoutness, heaviness, largeness, chubbiness, portliness, rotundity, flabbiness, paunchiness, dumpiness, meatinessView synonyms
- ‘Combine poor diet with lack of exercise and you have a population with real problems of obesity and ill health.’
- ‘Rapidly increasing rates of obesity have disguised relatively small changes in weight.’
- ‘Earlier it was seen as a sign of health and wealth, now obesity is a sign of poor health and poverty.’
- ‘Unless we wake up to the problems caused by obesity, we're going to see soaring rates of this condition.’
- ‘New statistics on childhood obesity prove this is caused by a decline in outside play and walking to school.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.