One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ten weeks in the making, this barrel-matured beer delivers an extra flavour layer of oaky and spicy notes over the regular hoppy, yeasty ones.’
- ‘Most malt whiskies that have spent more than 20 years maturing in oak barrels taste oaky and are not suitable to be bottled as single malt (although, of course, many are).’
- ‘On a chilly, disappointing summer's day I drown my sorrows in the hefty, slightly oaky Kumala Rosé from South Africa.’
- ‘The cherry aromas and flavours are spoiled by tired oaky notes that make the nose curl, cling to the palate and sit on the finish too long after the swallow.’
- ‘The wine is oaky with pronounced Sauvignon herbalness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.