One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A delicate fern of woods and damp places in the uplands of northern Eurasia and North America.
Genus Gymnocarpium (formerly Thelypteris), family Woodsiaceae: two species, in particular G. dryopteris
- ‘Here we have concentrated on growing ferns, ranging from the large and leathery Blechnum chilense, to the small and frothy oak fern, Gymnocarpium dryopteris.’
- ‘A delicate Oak Fern, Gymnocarpium dryopteris, graces the shady floor of a birch forest.’
- ‘As well as being a home to wildlife, it also has pockets of enchanted nightshade, yellow pimpernel and oak fern.’
- ‘Aquarius Research Natural Area is particularly rich in ferns, including Western polypody, spreading woodfern, oak fern, male fern, bracken fern, and sword fern.’
- ‘Northern oak fern is found on limestone and shale ledges and rock slopes across northern North America and around the world.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.