One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On this album, Nona's nymph-like voice is accompanied by a small number of instruments, usually a guitar.’
- ‘I was having an interesting conversation with a girl but nobody had warned me that the her nymph-like looks were complemented by the Irish surname O'Maniac.’
- ‘They represent a difference of taste-the former, mature and intellectual; the latter, nymph-like and oversexed-with the common denominator good looks.’
- ‘Discovering the woman is, in fact, a nymph-like creature from a bedtime tale, Cleveland enlists the help of the building's tenants to help her get back to her fictional realm.’
- ‘She'd been a tiny, exquisite, nymph-like child, and when I saw her she was a large, composed woman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.