One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In September, uninfected survivors (both males and females) were all adults while collaborative females typically retained a nymphal phenotype.’
- ‘Treatments began on 28 July, later than in the 1996 experiment because nymphal hatching was delayed (probably a result of an exceptionally cold spring).’
- ‘Historically, the dynamics of grasshopper populations, especially nymphal mortality, have largely been attributed to variations in climate.’
- ‘We counted mature fleas, flea larvae, and ticks (larval and nymphal stages combined) under a dissecting microscope.’
- ‘In insects, the general view is that juvenile hormone maintains larval and nymphal characteristics in developing insects and suppresses metamorphosis into adults.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.