One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A southern African antelope, with a conspicuous crest on the neck and back and lyre-shaped horns.
Tragelaphus angasi, family Bovidae
- ‘There are three easy-to-see, endemic, large mammals: the mountain nyala, Ethiopian wolf and gelada baboon.’
- ‘Male mountain nyala are a sepia brown color that slowly gets darker with age, while females are of a pale liver color with a scattering of spots and stripes.’
- ‘Nearby, groups of wildebeest, nyala antelope and zebra milled about their cages and enormous white rhinos rested on their sides in their long pens.’
- ‘Other animal species to look out for include impala, blue wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, nyala, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, cheetah, hyena, jackal and giraffe.’
- ‘The Nyala male is dark blue-grey in colour with white vertical stripes, yellow stockinged legs and a white chevron mark between the eyes.’
Late 19th century: from Zulu.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.