One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An invasive sedge with small edible nutlike tubers.
Genus Cyperus, family Cyperaceae: two species, purple nutsedge (C. rotundus) and yellow nutsedge (C. esculentus). See also chufaAlso called nutgrass
- ‘It will provide control of major weeds including purple and yellow nutsedge, kyllinga, oxalis and Poa annua.’
- ‘Early in his learning curve with conservation tillage, Johnson tried to control annual grasses, nutsedge, and morning glories by strip-tilling peanuts into mowed rye.’
- ‘In addition to control of Poa trivialis, the evaluations will include control of yellow nutsedge, tall fescue, quack grass and several other grassy weeds.’
- ‘In addition, perennial weeds, such as nutsedge and dandelions, often have enough energy to push through the fabric.’
- ‘But once established, they can be next to impossible to get rid of, as anyone who has battled Bermuda grass or yellow nutsedge in flower beds will attest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.