One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small nut, especially an achene.
- ‘These are the only other winter annuals at this site with spiny nutlets that are somewhat similar to those of P. recurvata.’
- ‘Each flower can produce four nutlets, which are primarily gravity dispersed.’
- ‘The inflorescences are composed of whorls of small, whitish, zygomorphic flowers, with seeds disposed in up to four nutlets of about 0 • 4 x 1 • 1 mm.’
- ‘At that time, fruit seediness or the number of enclosed ripe nutlets was also determined for each ripe fruit.’
- ‘Each flower may produce up to four nutlets, which mature in July, August, or September.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.