One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The kernel of a nut, typically edible.
- ‘During the process two things happen: the shell is stained a mottled shade of brown by the husk, and the nut meat develops a deeper, more complex flavor.’
- ‘The very desirable nut meat is sweet, oily, and high in protein.’
- ‘Maybe chocolate cherries will one day be a possible piece for inclusion, or a new chocolate nut meat chocolate-covered hazelnuts, perhaps.’
- ‘The rich nut meats that do get harvested are used in making my favorite ice cream, in commercial baking, candy production, and in direct retail sales.’
- ‘The newer varieties produce what are called ‘papershell’ pecans - a thin shell you can break with your fingers and that contains nut meat much larger than that from native trees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.