Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The profession or practice of providing care for the sick and infirm.
- ‘The nurses provide high quality nursing care, to give terminally ill people the choice of dying at home, where they will be supported by their families.’
- ‘Marie Curie Cancer Care provides high quality nursing, totally free of charge, to give terminally ill people the choice of dying at home surrounded by the things and people they hold most dear.’
- ‘A profession that involves personal care and understanding, nursing is gaining more importance.’
- ‘Students will also be able to take advantage of physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and nursing and medical support.’
- ‘It is critically important to make sure that you have the best possible medical and nursing care while dying.’
- ‘Minimum health care or nursing assistance is provided as needed.’
- ‘Systems of procedural ethics used by nurses and physicians are built on the goods embedded in the practice of nursing and medicine.’
- ‘When we practice perioperative nursing, we make a statement about who we are and our value.’
- ‘Our challenges in health care and nursing continue to be more immediate and urgent.’
- ‘In the High Court the judge went further and declared that nursing is ‘health care’ and can never be ‘social care.’’
- ‘The modular nature of the course will provide a common pathway to careers across the whole spectrum of the health profession from medicine and nursing to management and health promotion.’
- ‘Experts in psychiatric and critical care nursing were involved in the development and wording of items.’
- ‘I realize that nursing care as I have known it over the years is changing more rapidly than ever.’
- ‘Unfortunately, many nurses view perioperative nursing not as a profession but as a job.’
- ‘We will shape the future state of nursing and health care by the choices we make and the strategies we take to achieve our goals.’
- ‘Training care givers in basic nursing, moving, and handling and facilitation of activities of daily living is feasible during stroke rehabilitation’
- ‘Other health care-related professions incorporate massage, including nursing, physical therapy, chiropractic, and osteopathy.’
- ‘Good nursing is crucial when caring for sick foals.’
- ‘Sophie Mogotlane, PhD, is dean/professor of nursing at the Medical University of South Africa.’
- ‘Research carried out by the Alzheimer's Society revealed that 79 per cent of people think all nursing care should be provided by the state.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.