One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gentle ski slope suitable for beginners; a bunny slope.‘first steps for skiers on the nursery slopes’
piste, run, trackView synonyms
- ‘When the others skied down to Middle Station, I stayed on the nursery slope and spent a very happy hour skiing on my own.’
- ‘But now I'm a bit older and wiser it was daunting to even tackle the nursery slope.’
- ‘There was to have been a 45 metre-high and 180-metre-long ski slope, plus a nursery slope beside it.’
- ‘The first group is waiting by the pommel bar ski lift on the nursery slope beside the Hotel du Parc.’
- ‘Alex proves to be an expert instructor, however, and before long he has me side-stepping efficiently up the side of the nursery slope, digging in the rim of my skis on the up-hill side for grip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.