One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who is qualified to treat certain medical conditions without the direct supervision of a doctor.
- ‘Each practice employed a nurse who had completed a one or two year nurse practitioner training programme at diploma, BSc, or MSc level.’
- ‘Your doctor or nurse practitioner can order these products for you from a compounding pharmacy in your local area.’
- ‘He told me that I should think about becoming a nurse practitioner.’
- ‘There will be room for nine GPs, three practice nurses, a nurse practitioner, specialist GP services, GP training facilities and the integration of nursing teams.’
- ‘What is the difference between a registered nurse, a clinical nurse specialist and a nurse practitioner?’
- ‘Patients are more satisfied with care from a nurse practitioner than from a doctor, with no difference in health outcomes’
- ‘Will a physician or a nurse practitioner see my child routinely?’
- ‘Of course, I've been here before, and I like my nurse practitioner.’
- ‘A pelvic exam is performed by a doctor or nurse practitioner.’
- ‘I am a nurse practitioner by training, and the field of hospice and palliative care is my métier.’
- ‘A nurse practitioner performs the preoperative history and physical examination.’
- ‘We already have a number of nurses that have undertaken an intensive nurse practitioner training programme to do this work.’
- ‘Patients have come to accept seeing a nurse practitioner in place of a physician for routine checkups and office visits.’
- ‘In these small kiosks, shoppers can get advice and remedies for minor ailments from a nurse practitioner without having to make appointments or spend time in waiting rooms.’
- ‘The nurse practitioner said that, had I not told her I was diabetic, she'd never have known it from the results.’
- ‘At university health centers, students are often screened and treated by a nurse practitioner or PA only.’
- ‘Ask your doctor or nurse practitioner if you want to quit.’
- ‘The device also has a pleasant voice telling you that the nurse practitioner is ready for you.’
- ‘Ilkley nurse Julie Atkinson is a registrar undergoing training to be a nurse practitioner.’
- ‘As a doctor and nurse practitioner we respect Dr Jersmann for his courage in bringing this issue to the forefront.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.