Computer control of machine tools, where operations are directed by numerical data.
- ‘The same model, after several post-processing steps, is used directly for computer numerical control manufacturing of frame members and for the CNC cutting of custom glass sheets.’
- ‘These allow technicians - Timken calls them shop-floor associates - to pull up the digital designs for an existing product, tweak them, and get the computer numerical control instructions into the networked machine tools.’
- ‘Emphasis is on computer-integrated manufacturing with computer numerical control of machine tools, automation via programmable logic controllers, motion control, process control examples, and manufacturing process monitoring.’
- ‘Kahr pistols, manufactured with computer numerical control machines, have become favorite carry guns for shooters across America.’
- ‘Parts are manufactured on the same numerical control machines used to subcontract components for Airbus airliners, Falcon business jets and Eurocopters.’
numerical control/n(y)o͞oˈmerəkəl kənˈtrōl/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.