One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being numb.‘tingling and numbness in the left arm’
lack of sensation, lack of feeling, deadness, insensibilityView synonyms
- ‘From then, the leg has given me trouble: swelling and numbness of the foot especially the big toe.’
- ‘The specific vertebra of the neck that corresponds to the fingers is then adjusted to alleviate the numbness.’
- ‘Sometimes it was more like numbness or paralysis, or even problems with co-ordination.’
- ‘Within days, with his co-ordination going and a numbness spreading over his body, he was rushed into hospital.’
- ‘It started in the left leg, the tingle creeping slowly through the whole limb leaving numbness in its wake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.