One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being numb.‘tingling and numbness in the left arm’
lack of sensation, lack of feeling, deadness, insensibilityView synonyms
- ‘Within days, with his co-ordination going and a numbness spreading over his body, he was rushed into hospital.’
- ‘The specific vertebra of the neck that corresponds to the fingers is then adjusted to alleviate the numbness.’
- ‘It started in the left leg, the tingle creeping slowly through the whole limb leaving numbness in its wake.’
- ‘From then, the leg has given me trouble: swelling and numbness of the foot especially the big toe.’
- ‘Sometimes it was more like numbness or paralysis, or even problems with co-ordination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.