One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, especially the positive integers.
- ‘His main research topics were number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.’
- ‘König worked on a wide range of topics in algebra, number theory, geometry, set theory, and analysis.’
- ‘Other topics he worked on include algebraic geometry, number theory and integral equations.’
- ‘He worked on convex functions, the Laplace transform, number theory and the mathematical theory of genetics.’
- ‘He corresponded with Gabriel Cramer on mechanics, geometry, probability, number theory and the differential and integral calculus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.