Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA.
- ‘Purine salvage pathway allows interconversion of bases, nucleosides and nucleotides.’
- ‘This package contains a number of substitution models for nucleotides and RNA base pairs.’
- ‘All three enzymes showed a marked preference for adenine over guanine nucleotides.’
- ‘It has been reported that lanthanides are able to bind to DNA, RNA and nucleotides in vitro.’
- ‘This strategy is based on the attachment of some cytidine nucleotides to nascent cDNA first strands by reverse transcriptase.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.