Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA.
- ‘It has been reported that lanthanides are able to bind to DNA, RNA and nucleotides in vitro.’
- ‘This package contains a number of substitution models for nucleotides and RNA base pairs.’
- ‘Purine salvage pathway allows interconversion of bases, nucleosides and nucleotides.’
- ‘All three enzymes showed a marked preference for adenine over guanine nucleotides.’
- ‘This strategy is based on the attachment of some cytidine nucleotides to nascent cDNA first strands by reverse transcriptase.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.