One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The cosmic formation of atoms more complex than the hydrogen atom.
- ‘Physicists call this process nucleosynthesis, and it had to occur before the structures we observed today, such as atoms and molecules, could exist.’
- ‘Evidence from both the cosmic microwave background and primordial nucleosynthesis gives tight bounds on how much ordinary matter there is.’
- ‘The one problem with the story of stellar nucleosynthesis as developed in the 1950s was that it could not explain where helium came from.’
- ‘Before nucleosynthesis begins, protons and neutrons are continually interconverting by means of weak nuclear interactions (the nuclear interactions are described in more detail a bit later on).’
- ‘They more or less figured out the whole story, including predictions for primordial nucleosynthesis and the cosmic microwave background.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.