One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The substance of a cell nucleus, especially that not forming part of a nucleolus.
- ‘In this paper we describe the tracking of single proteins in the cytoplasm and nucleoplasm of mammalian cells.’
- ‘In young animals, the cytoplasm and nucleoplasm of most cells was smooth and uniform.’
- ‘However, thermodynamic driving forces may indeed arise in experiments, as the result of chemical potential and/or concentration gradients between the cytoplasm and the nucleoplasm.’
- ‘Indeed, RpL5 has been shown to specifically bind 5S rRNA and transport it from the nucleoplasm to the nucleolus for assembly into the 60S ribosomal subunit.’
- ‘Cells are partially fixed, lysed, and then extensively washed such that all cytoplasm and nucleoplasm are removed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.