One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The substance of a cell nucleus, especially that not forming part of a nucleolus.
- ‘In this paper we describe the tracking of single proteins in the cytoplasm and nucleoplasm of mammalian cells.’
- ‘Cells are partially fixed, lysed, and then extensively washed such that all cytoplasm and nucleoplasm are removed.’
- ‘However, thermodynamic driving forces may indeed arise in experiments, as the result of chemical potential and/or concentration gradients between the cytoplasm and the nucleoplasm.’
- ‘Indeed, RpL5 has been shown to specifically bind 5S rRNA and transport it from the nucleoplasm to the nucleolus for assembly into the 60S ribosomal subunit.’
- ‘In young animals, the cytoplasm and nucleoplasm of most cells was smooth and uniform.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.