One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proton or neutron.
- ‘The internal structure of the nucleon is fundamental to nuclear physics.’
- ‘You'll then have to use that information to answer questions regarding the number of protons, neutrons, electrons or nucleons (particles in the nucleus) that an atom of that element contains.’
- ‘In this model, nuclei are pictured as loose aggregates of nucleons (protons and neutrons) each of which, according to the quark model, has three quarks locked inside it.’
- ‘An alpha particle is a heavy nucleon, which is actually the nucleus of a helium atom.’
- ‘A classic series of such experiments performed at SLAC in the 1960s and 1970s was crucial in convincing researchers that they were seeing quarks inside nucleons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.