One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong attractive force between nucleons in the atomic nucleus that holds the nucleus together.
- ‘Quarks are bound together by the strong nuclear force to form protons and neutrons in atomic nuclei, while the electromagnetic force holds electrons in orbits around the nucleus.’
- ‘The nuclear force is attractive and stronger than the electrostatic force, but it has a finite range.’
- ‘This resonance was due to a delicate balance between the strong nuclear force and the repulsive electromagnetic force in samarium.’
- ‘A Grand Unified Theory is the greatest goal of physics and would unify the four fundamental forces of nature; electromagnetism, the strong and weak nuclear forces and gravity.’
- ‘In addition to incorporating gravity in a quantum theory, string theory also attempts to combine the four forces of nature - the strong and weak nuclear forces, electromagnetism and gravity - into one unified theory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.