One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sexuality, sexiness and nubility are all things that come from the inside and with Icelandic girls it shows on the outside.’
- ‘Greer describes infancy and childhood as a woman's first age; her adolescence and nubility as her second, wifedom her third, motherhood her fourth and the end of mothering and the beginning of grandmotherhood as her fifth.’
- ‘A film like this generally turns on a ‘brave’ central performance, critical shorthand for any role that bestows sexuality on an actor who has progressed past nubility.’
- ‘Maybe that was the target audience of the slasher films: bitter middle-aged men chortling mirthlessly at the sight of dismembered nubility.’
- ‘Talk of ‘the over-sexualisation of the teenage girl’ might sound like an oxymoron - nothing is sexier than nubility if the goals of beauty products (clear, unwrinkled skin, blonde hair) and gyms (lissom bodies with firm flesh) are listed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.