One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Nowhere.‘that boat was going nowheres’
- ‘The attacker came out of nowheres, attacking with insane speed, a dagger held high.’
- ‘She wouldn't go nowheres too far to get away from him.’
- ‘‘Horse like that don't go nowheres on its own, ‘she answered with a snort.’’
- ‘Station Security gets a tad annoyed when they see strange people hanging around ships, even if the ship in question ain't goin nowheres any time soon.’
- ‘Out of nowheres, a gang of Orc bandits popped up. ‘Hmm, either they are very silent, or they are using some kind of magic that eludes my hearing’ thought Joseph.’
- ‘She didn't have nowheres else to go, what with her being an orphan like me, so Rachel's ma kept him from letting her go.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.