One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Nowhere.‘that boat was going nowheres’
- ‘‘Horse like that don't go nowheres on its own, ‘she answered with a snort.’’
- ‘She didn't have nowheres else to go, what with her being an orphan like me, so Rachel's ma kept him from letting her go.’
- ‘The attacker came out of nowheres, attacking with insane speed, a dagger held high.’
- ‘Station Security gets a tad annoyed when they see strange people hanging around ships, even if the ship in question ain't goin nowheres any time soon.’
- ‘Out of nowheres, a gang of Orc bandits popped up. ‘Hmm, either they are very silent, or they are using some kind of magic that eludes my hearing’ thought Joseph.’
- ‘She wouldn't go nowheres too far to get away from him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.