One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to emphasize how extreme something is.‘it was nothing less than sexual harassment’
- ‘Farmers should not sell their maize to briefcase buyers who aim at nothing less than just exploiting them.’
- ‘When politicians distort the truth in relation to medical issues it is nothing less than shameful.’
- ‘My aim is nothing less than to make sure that no patient is left behind.’
- ‘Over the past decade we have seen nothing less than a revolution in the self-referential nature of Scottish art.’
- ‘He had been nothing less than a good father and a good husband.’
- ‘It is nothing less than to attempt the moral regeneration of British public life.’
- ‘The Parmesan tart was nothing less than truly gorgeous; she had chosen wisely again.’
- ‘The man who speaks for these corporations aims for nothing less than to change the world.’
- ‘He is asking us to do nothing less than to take on his characteristics and become like him.’
- ‘At stake will be nothing less than the future of the finest natural boxing talent to come out of the east of Scotland since Ken Buchanan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.