One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A filter that attenuates signals within a very narrow band of frequencies.
- ‘The emission light passes though a 455 long-pass filter and a 514RB notch filter to further block the excitation light.’
- ‘Essentially, the function of a notch filter is just the opposite of the narrowband filters.’
- ‘The sweeping action combined with selective blanking of the output receiver creates an adaptive notch filter, which allows for the direct measurement of low level distortion power in the presence of high power carriers.’
- ‘The collected light is then filtered with an inline notch filter at 785 nm within the probe itself to attenuate light at the laser wavelength.’
- ‘It is desired to check a low pass notch filter operating at 415MHz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.