One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A written notification issued to pilots before a flight, advising them of circumstances relating to the state of flying.
- ‘A memorandum to inspectors from FAA headquarters instructs them to seek the more severe sanctions for any violation of a security-related notam, Yodice said.’
- ‘The NTSB said that the crew of the GIII had received the notam before takeoff from California, but it is investigating why ATC at Aspen did not get a copy.’
- ‘On March 30, a day after the crash, the FAA issued a second notam for Aspen that explicitly banned all night instrument landings.’
- ‘Frankfurt's Runway 25R ILS currently has a notam describing random but severe interference that affects its ILS guidance, and advises extreme operator caution.’
- ‘But at the same time, the association maintained a red ‘warning’ box on its Web site, with a ‘crawl’ that urged pilots to check notams before each flight.’
1940s: from no(tice) t(o) a(ir)m(en).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.